We seem to have made it through the storm that came through Arizona. It rained and blew on us for a day and a night. The wind played havoc with our solar panels and Dale went up top to tighten them down so we could get a decent nights sleep. Today it is still cloudy out but some blue sky and sun. Temps are still cold due to the wind chill factor.
Yesterday we went into Parker to do our grocery shopping at Wal-Mart and Safeway. We also took some laundry and found a very clean and cheap laundromat. I was very pleased with the way this laundromat was kept clean. The washers were big and only $1.25 to wash. We will go here when and if we go to Parker with laundry.
We also went to the BlueWater Casino because Thursday is Senior day and they give you $10 worth of free play. I wasn’t as lucky as last time and only came away with $11.15. That is because when the $10 is gone and what is left gets cashed out right away instead of left in their machine! Dale blew his $10 and $1 to get it all started. He said he won’t put his own money in a machine there again. It does seem to take our money and give us money when we use the free play. LOL
We had a good day.
On to other news. I am knitting a cap for Chloe. It is called The Beaded Cupcake Hat by Nona Davenport. I got the pattern through KnickPicks.com for $1.99. It took me awhile to figure out the bauble and how to knit it. I watched video’s but they were not making the same kind of bauble I was. I also could not find the right bead to knit with, so I will sew them on, tight. I was disappointed because I wanted to learn how to knit with beads. Another time.
On our Crafters forum I wrote this:
Pat, I had to chuckle. This year a fizzle? Heck no. Even though we had a couple of setbacks, we came out of this year smiling and happy.
- New Mexico was wonderful and I can’t wait to go back.
- My heart is beautiful. Literally.
- We know now that camp hosting is not our thing.
- We love this life – no stresses, no worries.
- And best of all – We know our Lord takes care of us and joys in us! Life is good.
Over this past year I have notched up my knitting.
- I learned how to make a cable.
- I knitted a lace shawl that took #5 needles and put my fingers into another dimension of hurt. But it is done and beautiful.
- I learned, just recently to make a bauble.
And I have learned how to string beads to make some awesome bracelets. I even made a pair of drop earrings! A very new beginner but this craft is fascinating and addicting.
- To knit a sweater. I have never knit clothing before, but I have the pattern and the yarn. (deep breath) Now to get started.
- To knit more for charity. I am currently knitting squares to send to an Africa orphanage to add to their effort in supplying blankets to the children and have found another site to help in their quest to get afghans out to our service men and women.
- To learn more stitches. I have enjoyed testing my skills and hope to do so this coming year.
- To have fun with whatever project I am on.
I want to say thank you to everyone here. This past year has formed some solid friendships. You all are wonderful people and I am blessed to have you in my life!!!
Here is to 2011 and a new adventure.
Happy New Year to All and may 2011 be a grand adventure for everyone!