It is an overcast day with rain and wind. Temps are significantly lower than when we first arrived. It is time to get the winter clothes back out from under the bed! Are you as ready for summer as we are!!!
We are going to stay in today and enjoy a down day. That is unless we get a hankering to run into town (Roswell) and go to the Hobby Lobby. This has become one of my most favorite stores! Otherwise, we will stay home and I will finish up some knitting projects and Dale, well, Dale will probably nap! Getting use to this new time takes it toll on us old folks!
I will leave you with a link to a great puzzle http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/2010-03-15-EE2506FFADF4 and a recipe I might try tonight. I haven’t made Chicken and Dumplings before so might give this a try.
From Allrecipes.com…..Irish Chicken and Dumplings By: CLAIRELLEN who says “This is our family’s favorite comfort food.” I am thinking comfort food is needed today!
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 onions, quartered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 5 carrots, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas
- 4 potatoes, quartered
- 3 cups baking mix
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- In large, heavy pot, combine soup, water, chicken, celery, onion, salt, poultry seasoning, and pepper. Cover and cook over low heat about 1 1/2 hours.
- Add potatoes and carrots; cover and cook another 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pot, shred it, and return to pot. Add peas and cook only 5 minutes longer.
- Add dumplings. To make dumplings: Mix baking mix and milk until a soft dough forms. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto BOILING stew. Simmer covered for 10 minutes, then uncover and simmer an additional 10 minutes.
Have a great day!